Monday, April 29, 2013

UPDATE: Detox Symptoms... GO AWAY!

Sorry I have been away so long, my best friend & her husband, along with their furry child came to visit us for the weekend! I absolutely love spending time with Hannah. We are identical in so many ways (however, we look nothing alike), it's kind of scary, I guess that's why we get along so well. There aren't many things that go undiscussed when they are around, just another thing I love. It's healthy to have friends (especially a couple) that you can be yourself around and not be judged or taken too seriously! Thankfully they know what I am going through, medically and with my diet. They are healthy eaters so it was fun to entertain with some paleo meals! I will post some of those things at a later time.

I guess the "dreaded detox" has set in and it's pretty bad. I feel like I have a stomach bug. Every thing I eat or drink makes me nauseous, but not eating makes me more nauseous... No win situation! All of this started Sunday Morning around 5am. I had symptoms similar to a hangover or stomach bug: headache, chills, nausea, diarrhea and I just wanted to curl up in a ball and sleep. I thought for sure I would wake up today and feel better... But I felt the exact same way! Ugh. As if having UC isn't uncomfortable enough. My mom brought me some nausea medicine tonight after what little dinner I was actually able to stomach, and finally some relief! I was actually able to join my husband and son on a walk to our neighborhood park to play for a bit! And an added bonus... I didn't even have a crampy colon or stomach while we were there (that's always a concern when I go on walks.. what if I have to use the restroom and can't make it home 😳).

Once this detox stage is over, I will sit down at the computer and post some new recipes. But until then I am going to lay on the couch (or on the back patio in the sun!) and let my body get rid of all the garbage that has been packed into it over the past 27.5 years! YIKES. Am I really going to be 28 this year?

Did you experience detox symptoms? How long did they last?

Love to All,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment