Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fried Chicken Tenders... Paleo Style.

For dinner tonight, Ryan decided to make Fried Chicken! Great idea.  Even better execution!  He has done it again folks... he has yet to make a meal that I haven't liked.  Along with our chicken, we had homemade ketchup which I found here. It tastes a little more like marinara, but for paleo... I'll take it!


Almond Flour Fried Chicken

Ingredients:
Organic Free Range Chicken (2 Breasts - Sliced into Strips)
1 cup Almond Meal Flour
2 Organic Free Range Eggs
1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

Combine 1 cup of the Almond Flour with 1/2 tbsp of Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper.  On the S&P you can tailor it to your liking, I love me some pepper.  In a bowl, whisk the 2 eggs.  Place chicken strips one by one into the egg and then roll in the flour mixture.  Fill your frying pan about 1/2 an inch with EVOO, and let oil heat up (we cooked on level 5 on our gas range).  Once its nice and hot, place the coated chicken strips in one by one, you may have to do 2 batches if your pan isn't big enough.  Cooking time will vary with each stove, but we cooked them a couple of minutes on each side until they are nice and golden brown.  Let cool a few minutes before eating them, and voila!

We paired ours with fresh steamed green beans, and some egg noodles (they aren't paleo, but my doctor approved them for me to eat!).  If you are on a strict paleo diet, I would suggest some garlic fauxtatoes (made from cauliflower), actually I think I will suggest we make them next time instead of the noodles!

Happy Eating & Love to All!
Terri






No comments:

Post a Comment