Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups done RIGHT!


Just let me start by saying that I have acquired a SEVERE hatred for Coconut Oil and Coconut Flour.  They overpower any and everything that you mix them with.  I also have a huge sweet tooth... or maybe an entire mouth of sweet teeth ;) so I was determined to find a recipe that did not call for coconut anything.  FAIL!  After searching for what seems like an entire day, I gave up and decided to create my very own recipe.  The best part? They are Paleo, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free & Dairy Free! Oh, and of course... DELICIOUS!  As you know, I am a very picky eater.  Textures and tastes have to be perfect for me to like them.  I promise, this recipe will not fail you.  If you like chocolate chip cookies, you will like (maybe even LOVE) these!


Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups 
Makes 12, 3/4 inch thick Cookie Cups

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups   Almond Meal Flour
1/2 cup       Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips 
1/3 cup       Honey
1/3 cup       EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1/3 tsp        Baking Soda
1/3 tsp        Sea Salt
2 tsp           Organic/All Natural Vanilla Extract 

Preheat oven to 350.  Combine all ingredient in a medium bowl (it will have a slightly strange looking texture, pic below).  Once combined, spoon into a 12 cup cupcake pan.  Because of the EVOO included in the mix, there is no need to grease the pan! Bake for 12 minutes for slightly chewy middles.  Let cool before removing from the pan.  Once cool, I used a butter knife and went around the edges and they easily popped out!

This is what they looked like right before going into the oven, as you can tell they are kind of chunky looking.  Once they bake, the texture is very similar to "normal" chocolate chip cookies.  



Recommended Pairing:
Since I can't have milk, I decided to slice up a banana to go along with it to give me the creamy taste/texture that the milk would have added.



Happy Baking & Love to All!
Terri




No comments:

Post a Comment